Himself an avid athlete and sports fan, Dr. David P. Rudman’s orthopaedics specialty resulted from his own childhood sports injury. The technically excellent, thoughtful, and attentive care he received then—yes, he can ski again—is what he is prepared to share with you now.
Dr. Rudman’s practice model allows him to give his patients as much time and attention as each one needs. He believes that listening to the stories patients tell can offer important clues for their treatment, and he considers family members a critical part of patient care. Dr. Rudman acts on the belief that being available to his patients and their families is one of the most important services a caring physician can provide.
- Board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS)
- Fellow of The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Fellow of The American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- Fellow of The Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- Steadman Hawkins Denver Clinic
- Fellowship: Sports Medicine, Shoulder and Knee Surgery
- Lenox Hill Hospital; Orthopaedic Residency, NY, NY
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, NY, NY: Orthopaedic Oncology
- The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas, TX: Orthopaedic Trauma
- Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA: Pediatric Orthopaedics
- State University of New York Upstate, Syracuse, NY
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- State University of New York at Albany, Albany, NY
- Bachelor of Science (BS)
Sports Medicine Experience
As a resident and Chief resident at Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan Dr. Rudman had the opportunity to work along side the Orthopedists for the New York Jets and the New York Rangers. Dr. Rudman went on to complete a fellowship in Sports Medicine, Shoulder and Knee surgery at the Steadman Hawkins Clinic in Denver, CO. While there, he enjoyed the opportunity to be part of the medical staff for the Denver Broncos and the Colorado Rockies. As an attending at The Valley Hospital in Bergen County, New Jersey Dr. Rudman provided Orthopaedic coverage for the PGA players during The Barclays golf tournament.
Additional Professional Achievements
Dr. Rudman instructs courses nationally for other orthopaedic surgeons on the latest shoulder and knee surgical techniques. He has published articles in peer-reviewed journals and has presented several papers at both local and national meetings. The results of his research have also been presented at the American Academy of Orthopaedics Surgeons annual meeting and at the National Football League's Team Physicians meeting. Dr. Rudman is also a peer reviewer for The Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery and The American Journal of Sports Medicine.
He has also been recognized as one of America's Top Surgeons for Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine by the Consumers' Research Council of America. He was also honored by The Global Directory of Who's Who as a Top Doctor and ranked as a NJ TopDoc.
- Attending Orthopaedic Surgeon, The Valley Hospital
- Attending Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgicare Surgical Associates of Bergen County
- Advisory Board, Physimax Technologies
David P. Rudman lives in Northern New Jersey with his daughter Addi and son Jude. He and his family enjoy an active lifestyle --- Addi enjoys tennis, softball and basketball, and Jude enjoys baseball, basketball and golf. Dr. Rudman particularly enjoys triathlons, golf, hiking, skiing, and spending time with his family in the great outdoors.